2019 Board of Governor Awards
- Chief Judge Kim Sweet – Judge Nora Guinn Award
- Patty Kastelic – Layperson Service Award
- Peter Partnow – Distinguished Service Award
- Bob Groseclose – Professionalism Award
- Jennifer Hite – Robert Hickerson Public Service Award
2019 Bryan P. Timbers Pro Bono Awards
- Bonnie Coghlan
- Aisha Tinker Bray
2019 Court Community Outreach Award
View a historical list of the Court Community Outreach Awards.
Additional 2019 Awards
- Dana Fabe – Alaska Bar Foundation Rabinowitz Public Service Award
- Ret. Judge Donald D. Hopwood – Anchorage Bar Association’s Benjamin Walters Distinguished Service Award
- Brant McGee – International Law Section’s Human Rights Award
- Honors an attorney for outstanding service to the membership of the Alaska Bar Association.
- Presented to a person who has made an extraordinary or sustained effort to assist Alaska’s rural residents, especially its Native population, overcome language and cultural barriers to obtaining justice through the legal system.
- Honors a public member for distinguished service to the membership of the Alaska Bar Association.
- Alaska’s legal services providers – Alaska Pro Bono Program, Alaska Legal Services Corporation, Alaska Network on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault and the Pro Bono Asylum Project – select each year a private practitioner and a firm that has donated extraordinary time, resources and talents to pro bono efforts in Alaska.
- Recognizes an attorney who exemplifies the attributes of the true professional, whose conduct is always consistent with the highest standards of practice, and who displays appropriate courtesy and respect for clients and other attorneys. The Professionalism award has traditionally been presented to an attorney in the judicial district where the convention is being held.
- Given each year by the Board of Trustees of the Alaska Bar Foundation to the individual whose life work has demonstrated a commitment to public service in the State of Alaska. The Award is funded through generous gifts from the public in honor of the late Alaska Supreme Court Justice Jay Rabinowitz.
- Recognizes lifetime achievement for outstanding dedication and service in the State of Alaska in the provision of pro bono legal services or legal services to low income or indigent persons.
- Recognizes an Alaska Bar member who has helped advance the field of human rights in international law, either locally or abroad.