Skip to content

Resigned Status

If it is doubtful you will ever return to the practice of law in Alaska, you may resign from membership in the Association.

If at some future date you desire to seek readmittance to the Bar Association, you must seek readmission as follows:  if you have been resigned five years or less, you may only seek readmission to the Bar according to the Policies of the Board of Governors and payment of the application fee for readmission; or if you have been resigned more than five years, by seeking admission under Alaska Bar Rule 2 by bar exam, admission by reciprocity or UBE score transfer. 

Click here for an excerpt of the Bylaws covering resignation. If you decide to resign, simply place your resignation request in affidavit form, as stated in Section 7 of the Bylaws.

Resigned Affidavit

Skip to content